Choose Kindness in Brutality!

With all the terrifying things going on in the world right now, I think we should all choose happiness and kindness.

Why do we suddenly have all these things going on the world. I don't feel safe, do you? At the end of the day this is the world we live in and this is our home. Despite all the differences in the world, despite all the difference between people, choose kindness. Choose to be the one who is the bigger person. Choose to be the better person.

I may not be the nicest person and I'm definitely not the nicest to family especially but I try to smile at everyone, I try to be polite and I try not to judge. If everyone in the world did that the world would be so much nicer. It's not everyone, in fact it's very few people and often it's those who have had a hard upbringing. Perhaps if one person chose to show them a little love, the set of actions triggered would have been different.

Honestly...

I'm scared. I know this has always gone in the world but it's becoming more frequent. And it's becoming closer to home. I'm not saying that lives lost elsewhere are okay but when it's on your doorstep, it rings home and it rings closer to home. America, Germany, France. What's next? England? London?

I don't want to be scared to leave the door. I don't want to be afraid of walking on the streets I live. It's forcing me to be more careful. To be more wary. To be more watchful. Is this what the world is now. A big scary place where everything could be a trap out to get you. I never realised how much I treasured the place I lived until it was threatens. I walked the streets of Paris just weeks before it was attacked. I travel the tubes that were bombed just years earlier.

One thing I do think is beautiful though is the solidarity shown by the countries as they light up world monuments in different colours to represent affected countries.

"Be the best version of yourself."

On a slightly more personal note, I'm trying to bring more happiness to my own little corner of the internet here so I'm opening up my blog to Guest Posters. If you have a blog or not and just love to right, feel free to click here to get to the application form (it's nothing serious just the easiest way to get response). There's also a lot more information there. Look forward to hearing from some of you!

Comments