5 Dream Destinations! (Get To Know Me Series)

I love travelling, I really do but unfortunately my mother likes to go to the same place every year, at least since being with her current boyfriend. Every year they go to the exact same place Vale do Lobo in Portugal, in the exact same little villa town. On top of that they don't leave the villa at all during the day meaning they don't swim. So I'm usually left all alone at the resort centre, by myself for nearly 2 weeks. In other words I hate it.

While I would love to go on 2 holidays a year, I just can't afford that and so I don't see any point in visiting the same place every year. It would be my dream to visit every country in the world. I want to explore, I want to feel the culture and I want to just see all types of environments and people. I want to experience the world.

So here are just my top 5 destinations on my dream list of place to visit. Seriously, it was so hard to narrow it down because I want to go to so many places for so many different reasons, but here are my top countries!

1. Hawaii, Maui 
This is the kind of holiday to relax and spend hours looking at the natural beauties.

I have always wanted to go to Hawaii for as long as I can remember. I want to see the beautiful beaches and back on the sand; the clear seas with marine life where I can scuba dive; the incredible waves where I can learn to surf! 

Not to mention the National Park above the clouds. I can't wait to see the volcanoes, I love stunning natural wonders. I especially want to see the sunset. 

2. Australia, Gold Coast
Right now, a dream of mine is go to the 2018 Commonwealth Games at the Gold Coast. 
The weather, the beaches, turtles, kangaroos...what more can you ask for?! I want a BBQ on the beach <3
Of course, Australia itself is just a dream destination. I also want to go to Sydney and see the Sydney Opera House as well as Palm Beach! My sister recently went and it's so instantly recognisable as Summer Bay, from Home and Away. I'm desperate to go. 

3. Peru, Cusco
I think the ruins of Machu Picchu are awe inspiringly brilliant. The ancient ruins are simple fascinating and unique

I need to get a lot fitter before heading over to Peru though because I know you have to walk the trek to get up there and unfortunately I'm nowhere near at that ability right now. I also want to run a marathon!
 I want this picture!

4. United States of America, New York
Yes it's the capital of shopping but I'm honestly not a fan of spending money on expensive things you don't really need. There are so many things I want to see!

I want to see the skyscrapers and buildings: Empire State Building, Chrysler Building (the architect one of my favourite book characters was named after), Brooklyn Bridge and of course the Statue of Liberty.
Not to mention the World Trade Centre with the memorial, Central Park to see the 'Friends' fountain and the cafe!

5. Italy, Rome
And finally, Rome, Italy. It's not my ordered number 5 but it's the most accessible as it's in Europe so the most likely to happen. I've been to Italy multiple times but not to the places I actually want to go to. While I loved skiing in Tonale, I didn't go, oh I must go there and Lake Maggiore was beautiful but there wasn't a lot to do.

I want to bask in the glory of Rome and fantasize about the romance. I want to see the ruins of the world famous monuments and bask in the glory of the Romans.
If I'm honest I could easily spend a month in Italy itself, I'm hoping to go one summer if I find someone to go with. There are so many amazing cities to visit and they are all so different:
  • Venice for the rivers and boats
  • Verona for the romance, Romeo and Juliet
  • Pompeii for the excavated ruins of the terrible volcanic eruption
  • Monza for F1
  • Pisa for the Leaning Tower of Pisa
  • Florence for the art, architecture and monuments
  • Milan for the fashion 
  • Naples for the lavish Royal Palace and pizza
  • Sorrento for the cliffs


____________________________________________________________

Oh my gosh, I want to go travelling right now! If only money was no option... 

Comments

  1. Hello to every body, it's my first pay a visit of
    this weblog; this weblog consists of remarkable
    and genuinely fine stuff for visitors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment